Talk

Advanced search

Bloody NHS jobs

(9 Posts)
Pollyanna9 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:12:56

Applied for a job 8a (non clinical). I applied two days before the closing date, marked as submited, interview date is supposed to be tomorrow.

No notification, no response, nothing.

I think that's sh*t.

If they are going to close it early due to massive response, do they close it on their website or does it just stay open and allow you to submit for a role that's actually not accepting applications - does anyone know?

SauvignonBlanche Mon 06-Feb-17 19:16:22

I've closed jobs early if I'm swamped with applicants but it then disappears off NHS jobs and you can't still apply.

Have you contacted the HR department?

mammasmadhouse Mon 06-Feb-17 19:20:27

It maybe that they haven't been able to short list in time for the original planned interview date, but if you ring Recruitment they should be able to confirm either way.

Glitterkitten24 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:21:45

I'm in Scotland but have applied for several NHS jobs and heard nothing back- no interview, no rejection, just silence!

scoobydooagain Mon 06-Feb-17 19:25:47

check your junk, I know my response has gone there before

QueenofWhatever Mon 06-Feb-17 19:30:40

It just sounds like you haven't been shortlisted. Very few 8A jobs go to people outside the NHS now.

There are so many applications for NHS jobs that acknowledgements aren't sent. If you don't hear, it usually means you haven't been shortlisted for interview.

SauvignonBlanche Mon 06-Feb-17 19:33:04

I believe if you're not shortlisted you don't get any notification.
I once found I'd not been shortlisted for an internal vacancy by being introduced to one of the candidates on an informal visit. hmm

I always ask HR to email people I don't shortlist.

Pollyanna9 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:33:42

I work in the NHS Queenof....

I think it's a bit rude (them, not you obvx!!) and getting v fed up of every aspect of job hunting.

QueenofWhatever Mon 06-Feb-17 19:42:00

In all my years of being an NHS manager, I don't think I've ever heard back about an application unless I've been invited to interview. It's standard practice which is why I assumed you were non-NHS.

There are very few non-clinical jobs out there at the moment. In my area, there's been a handful in the last 2-3 months. It's tough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now