Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant and need a job

(5 Posts)
user1483719818 Tue 24-Jan-17 10:05:10

Hi all,

I recently resigned from a job as I felt the management style was bullying of their workers and overall I was unhappy in the position. I am an experienced teacher and I felt at the new role, my expertise wasn't valued or respected.
Unfortunately, this happened only 3 days before I found out I was pregnant. I am now on a supply agency's booking list (yet to receive any work)and waiting around to try and make any money from them. I feel stuck in limbo. I want to work but feel employers are unlikely to hire someone 4 months pregnant. I want to be busy and contribute to house finances. Its stressful and I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas or advice?

SarahOoo Sun 29-Jan-17 20:54:19

Can only advise temp work I'm afraid. Join as many supply teacher agencies as you can and consider other work you can do such as office admin.

user1483719818 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:00:03

Thanks SarahOoo. I joined one so far. Might join another as well...

girlelephant Mon 30-Jan-17 17:16:38

I agree you will have lots of transferable skills so recommend getting your CV on some online job sites and also signing up to a few recruitment agencies for temp jobs.

Congrats and good luck

Astoria7974 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:21:21

Temping will be the only way for now unless you teach a subject that parents would want their kids to be privately tutored in? My sil is a temp secondary school maths teacher and supplements her income with GCSE classes at the local FE college

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now