Talk

Advanced search

Colleague not pulling weight

(6 Posts)
reddevil22 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:11:18

Just after a bit of advice about what people would do in this situation. I have a work colleague who is not in my department but comes into help when I'm on holiday.
Last week I was on holiday and she started a job for me. However nearly 70% of it has been done wrong (not through lack of training) and its now taking me twice to finish the job as I have to go back and rectify her mistakes.
Should I speak to her about it or should I speak to my line manager?

daisychain01 Mon 23-Jan-17 04:47:33

Is the person helping out on a goodwill basis? Is this a one off arrangement or something likely to happen in future?

I would hold off going to your line manager as it is best sorted out directly with your 'helper'.

Make a note of the things you've corrected ( not individually, but broad categories such as data entered incorrectly, data missing, typos etc)

I'd start by thanking them for covering for you, but could you spend a few minutes talking through a few things in case they weren't aware how it needs to be done. Ask if they had problems with the job and if they have queries to help for the future.

If this was one off help it probably isn't worth 'making a point'. It is worth investing the time if the person will cover all you absences in future.

reddevil22 Mon 23-Jan-17 06:59:44

Thanks for replying Daisy.
No it's not a one off this person has done it many times before they have been assigned to take over my job when I am not there ie holidays, days off.
I wouldn't say that it's through lack of training as they have had the same training as myself. Also there are "professional rules" to follow that are the same in my department as they are in hers yet she can follow them in her department but not mine.
I will have a chat with her when I next work with her and hopefully things will improve then.

Gizlotsmum Mon 23-Jan-17 07:13:59

Is it something they do regularly in their own role? I have been trained on lots of things but because I don't use them from month to month I always need a user guide when I do use them. Hopefully it's a genuine mistake...I would maybe mention it to your boss if you think the redoing will cost you time/miss a deadline

PastysPrincess Mon 23-Jan-17 07:25:20

I would mention it to the person a couple of times and keep evidence. Once you've given as much assistance as you can, then take it to your manager so that they can talk to their manager. Don't take it directly to their manager because ideally your manager should be fully aware so if anything is said they arent blindsided.

daisychain01 Mon 23-Jan-17 08:45:22

It sounds like the person is sabotaging this task ie passive aggressively making mistakes so they don't get asked to cover for you. Maybe they are resentful if they already have their own heavy workload.

Is that a possibility? If so, bear that in mind and have the conversation with your manager off the record. Maybe they need to choose a different person

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now