Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do?

(5 Posts)
user1471471263 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:41:50

I was made redundant last year, took a well paid agency job but it's an evening shift and every weekend( shifts) it's a very stressful job. But works well in the week as I can take pick up the kids from school etc. I have been offered a nicer role within another company the job was originally advertised as f/t p/t flexi ... Then I got the offer but it was f/t only! I have no one to help after school club is really poor is it worth the stress of taking the f/ t job or staying at the p/ t one I hate and is making me ill? Wwyd ?

PigletJohn Wed 18-Jan-17 22:34:07

contact them and say you would be very happy with the job if pt, but regretfully are unable to take on a ft position at this time, and can you discuss it please.

You need to get to the person employing, not hr or their assistant.

Only one person can give you the job, but the others can prevent you.

user1471471263 Wed 18-Jan-17 22:47:10

Thank you, I will try that tommorow, I spoke to the business team and they just kept saying its f/t only. Very frustrating as I would love this job ( I think) it's for the dwp. If all else fails I may just have to try f/t but God knows how I will manage. Can't stay where I am the shifts are making me ill.

Mossop17 Thu 19-Jan-17 09:31:19

if you saved the add that stated full part or flexi you can use that to argue the case, that you may not have applied if you knew it would only be full time?

user1471471263 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:42:41

I tried that and they said they only have f/ t available at present not sure if they will have p/t . Although I will have the option to apply for part time in 6 months... Really don't know what to do I am supposed to start next week, f/t will be very difficult to manage , I could stay at my p/t job but I really hate it and the weekend shifts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now