Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unfair treatment?

(4 Posts)
Mablethorpe Tue 17-Jan-17 19:03:47

Long story short....
Last year, around the time my DF was diagnosed with terminal cancer, my boss (MD of the company) asserted that my work quality had slipped. I'm an office manager.

He blamed me for a large bill which was caused largely by a training issue on my part. I'd told him I wasn't capable of this particular bit of work but he didn't listen and I was forced to get on with it.

Since then, he's been difficult to work with, rude, very short with me all the time and made it clear he no longer trusts me.

I asked for a meeting to address my concerns and was met with a long list of issues he had with me and the result was a performance improvement plan forced on me.

Before Christmas, he paid me only a bonus of one week while everyone else got 4 weeks citing the cost to the company I'd incurred. He's also revoked my parking permit which he'd been paying for since I started and refused to reinstate it and also not included me in a pay rise recently when everyone else got between 7.5% and 10%.

Can I have opinions on this please? I'm not sure how to feel about this and if I'm making a fuss over nothing. He regularly calls me out in the office over perceived shortcomings and our working relationship is on its knees.

Crumbs1 Tue 17-Jan-17 19:09:35

I guess it depends whether you are performing poorly or not. Are the criticisms justified?

Mablethorpe Tue 17-Jan-17 19:12:01

He says I am but I only have his judgement to go on.

For context, I do all HR, facilities, finance and work 25 hours a week. This is definitely a full time toke and was a job share until 18 months ago when my colleague left and wasn't replaced.

dollyollymolly Tue 17-Jan-17 19:44:48

IME these situations don't improve. He sounds unreasonable and unwilling to listen.

I would keep my head down and log everything untoward that happens in case you need it at a later date. Update your CV and start looking for another job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now