Talk

Advanced search

Nurses - Can they date someone with a record?

(12 Posts)
KenzieBoosMummy Sun 15-Jan-17 23:43:42

I remember seeing somewhere once that if a Nurse was to date someone with a certain kind of criminal record or they lived with them, then they can be struck off/fired? Is this true? What if their partner had a Non-Molestation Order for DV? Or a Formal Caution for Neglect of a Child?

Also, do Nurses or Doctors have to inform their employers if they receive a Harassment Warning/Harassment Information Notice?

I can't go into detail as to why I'm asking, but no I'm not a Nurse!!

Cheers! winkwine

sotiredbutworthit Sun 15-Jan-17 23:54:01

No. It's not true. Can only be struck off if they have a record. If their fitness to practice is questioned though they can be investigated.

sotiredbutworthit Sun 15-Jan-17 23:55:19

There are certain offences which are notifiable. Not sure if the harassment thing is one of them, but I suspect it prob is.

KenzieBoosMummy Mon 16-Jan-17 08:53:00

I know they can be fired (not struck off but fired from current position) if they live with someone with certain convictions....

dontstopmenow Mon 16-Jan-17 08:55:25

You can direct your enquiry to the NMC and get the exact answer to your questions .

TallulahTheTiger Mon 16-Jan-17 09:04:24

Are you planning on reporting someone OP?

TallulahTheTiger Mon 16-Jan-17 09:05:23

As dontstop says go to the NMC, you could probably even get it from their online guidelines.

KenzieBoosMummy Mon 16-Jan-17 09:15:13

Ok will contact NMC thanks.

Was thinking about it Tallulah. The person in question, I know for a FACT that she has accessed my daughter's AND my medical records AND told people my personal info but have no proof on paper (long story) but I know she's dating someone with a conviction for child abuse.

Sounds terribly dramatic I know. But I can't sit back and let it go. I've tried to do that for past few months but it's eating away at me!

Thanks

wiilma Mon 16-Jan-17 09:24:28

There will be an online record if she has accessed your notes. It is all electronic now, and a record made each time someone reads the notes and who it was. Complain to her hospital and they can check.

TallulahTheTiger Mon 16-Jan-17 09:48:33

kenzie if she has shared confidential information that you absolutely know she has then you do need to raise this, I'd suggest with the trust also.

TallulahTheTiger Mon 16-Jan-17 09:49:45

As Wilma says, every time case notes are accessed there is a trail.

KenzieBoosMummy Mon 16-Jan-17 12:04:18

I know but apparently because this Nurse works at Alder Hey in Liverpool, it will only show up within her local trust. I called Alder Hey PALS and they are saying it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Nurse to have accessed my daughter's notes when my Daughter has never been treated to Alder Hey. And they refuse to discuss the matter any further! Even though she has told someone things that she could only have possibly found out from looking at her notes as not a SINGLE SOUL knows that info!!!
And the person she is living with is a Child Abuser. I know this for a fact as it was MY child he abused!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now