Talk

Advanced search

Being dumped on!

(6 Posts)
Timeforabiscuit Mon 09-Jan-17 19:28:44

There has been a very large project in progress for the past 6 months, my line manager and their senior manager were leading on and I was designated as donkey work, pulling together data for them to compile into a report.

This is a very important piece, must complete by a certain date - and youve guessed it, that havent bloody written it!

I was called into a meeting room and told I was to write it instead over the next two weeks, no problem they pay for my time - but now ive been placed as the project lead to present this to a panel in two weeks!

I assumed this was a miscommunication, and sent a jokey message to them saying whose put me as lead, but ive had no response (but more work sent my way!).

What the heck can I do? The project will be a dogs dinner, but this way its going to have my name attached to it.

daisychain01 Tue 10-Jan-17 01:25:52

I don't think you have any other option than to get the work completed, if your line manager is asking you to.

You haven't given enough information to know why it will be deemed "a dogs dinner" nor who is going to judge it so.

If it's that bad, I would have a meeting with your line manager to express your concern as to why he/she is setting you up for failure (ie call them on it).

Timeforabiscuit Wed 11-Jan-17 20:17:35

Thanks daisychain, im not ecstatic because while I was pulling all the data stuff, they were meant to be meeting with others involved in the project and pulling together co-ordinated plans from other department's (which hasnt been done).

I meet with them both again tomorrow, as there are parts of it I cant write and i did get a box of chocolates on my desk this morning smile

Shakey15000 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:37:48

I'd send an email to them along the lines of "Following your request on 9/1/17 that I do the bloody lot compile and finalise project xyz, can I just clarify abc?"

That way you'll have a paper trail that looks innocuous but, in fact, confirms that you were asked at short notice etc. Just worth keeping in case you get blamed for anything to do with it or used to mark you down in a review, appraisal.

daisychain01 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:37:33

Sounds like someone has their tail between their legs and trying to make things up to you smile

Timeforabiscuit Thu 12-Jan-17 16:20:51

Excellent, I dont work with a bunch of arse hats grin

Not going to present anything, and now ive pulled it all together and made it readable it looks more managable, so they are both writing bits I dont know about while I do the rest.

Thanks for letting me vent everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now