Talk

Advanced search

Returning to work after 6month career break

(3 Posts)
Boobiebalfie Sun 08-Jan-17 01:00:10

Hoping someone can help.
After my maternity leave ended in July last year I asked work(civil service)for a 6month career break.....my request was granted.
I am due to return next week and my manager has asked for my leave request for the year.The problem is he doesn't know who much leave I will have.Before my career break my AL ran June to June as with all staff it stated ended with the month employment began.But my contract was varied for the break but doesn't say if my old leave period will be the same or if a new one will start running January to January.
I am waiting for Hr to get on contact with me but there response times are upto 21 days.
I am hoping some will will have some advise experience of somtjing similar.

daisychain01 Sun 08-Jan-17 07:45:01

Are you able to send an email to your manager with a cc to the HR person who is handling the matter of your AL allowance, to confirm that you are waiting for the information?

At least your manager knows you are trying to get the matter sorted out and it could nudge HR t get it sorted. 21 days for a reply? That's very slow!

Boobiebalfie Sun 08-Jan-17 10:07:59

Thanks for your reply, my manager is aware of the situation.....the 21days is the standard response time.I agree it is slow and often means that deadlines are missed like now,as they like request to be in by the end of January.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now