Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone work in HR/Internal Recruitment?

(11 Posts)
Sparkesx Fri 06-Jan-17 10:21:38

I'm being interviewed for a role I really want on Monday. I've had to do a 10 minute presentation based on internal recruitment and how I'd increase the return on investment.

This is my first internal recruitment role/step into HR (I plan to do my CIPD next year)

Would anyone mind reading my presentation? I'm so anxious and really want it to be what they're looking for... I don't have anyone in RL to ask as they're not in my field of work. Thank you. flowers

FinnMcCool Fri 06-Jan-17 14:01:59

you have pm

DragonMamma Fri 06-Jan-17 21:41:38

I'd be happy to also, if you PM me

FinnMcCool Tue 10-Jan-17 12:43:24

how did you get on?

Sparkesx Tue 10-Jan-17 12:56:18

Very well I think!

I did my presentation first and after had interview questions. I was interviewed by three people but the HR Director said 'well I was going to ask you some questions, but you've covered everything in your presentation!' - not sure how to take that but I hope it's good.

Lovely company, i'd love to get the role! I hear back at the end of the week.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my presentation. I really appreciate it! flowers smile

DragonMama I just saw your offer! Thank you for that.

FinnMcCool Tue 10-Jan-17 21:34:30

Told you that you had everything in the presentation!
Well done you! Sounds very positive indeed.

HelenDenver Tue 10-Jan-17 21:39:17

Well done op and helpful MNers!

Sparkesx Wed 11-Jan-17 09:54:45

Not getting my hopes up just yet! I still haven't heard anything. I hope they have the decency to at least tell me I didn't get the role... blush

daisychain01 Wed 11-Jan-17 11:59:23

Don't forget they may have several candidates spread over various days. And if you're already working in the company they will be somewhat less worried you'll get snapped up elsewhere by a different company. So may not feel quite so rushed.

I'd give it another 5 days before you need to worry. If you feel you've done really well, chances are you have! Instinct is a good indicator

Sparkesx Fri 13-Jan-17 15:16:12

I didn't get the job - gutted sad

They said my presentation was really good and that I conducted myself very professionally. Their colleague said they really liked me when I had a chat with her about the role...

They decided to go with someone who has internal experience.

Back to my job that I hate for a while it is. sad

HelenDenver Fri 13-Jan-17 15:41:12

Pants!

Sorry to hear that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now