Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Does anyone work in HR/Internal Recruitment?

(11 Posts)
Sparkesx Fri 06-Jan-17 10:21:38

I'm being interviewed for a role I really want on Monday. I've had to do a 10 minute presentation based on internal recruitment and how I'd increase the return on investment.

This is my first internal recruitment role/step into HR (I plan to do my CIPD next year)

Would anyone mind reading my presentation? I'm so anxious and really want it to be what they're looking for... I don't have anyone in RL to ask as they're not in my field of work. Thank you. flowers

FinnMcCool Fri 06-Jan-17 14:01:59

you have pm

DragonMamma Fri 06-Jan-17 21:41:38

I'd be happy to also, if you PM me

FinnMcCool Tue 10-Jan-17 12:43:24

how did you get on?

Sparkesx Tue 10-Jan-17 12:56:18

Very well I think!

I did my presentation first and after had interview questions. I was interviewed by three people but the HR Director said 'well I was going to ask you some questions, but you've covered everything in your presentation!' - not sure how to take that but I hope it's good.

Lovely company, i'd love to get the role! I hear back at the end of the week.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my presentation. I really appreciate it! flowers smile

DragonMama I just saw your offer! Thank you for that.

FinnMcCool Tue 10-Jan-17 21:34:30

Told you that you had everything in the presentation!
Well done you! Sounds very positive indeed.

HelenDenver Tue 10-Jan-17 21:39:17

Well done op and helpful MNers!

Sparkesx Wed 11-Jan-17 09:54:45

Not getting my hopes up just yet! I still haven't heard anything. I hope they have the decency to at least tell me I didn't get the role... blush

daisychain01 Wed 11-Jan-17 11:59:23

Don't forget they may have several candidates spread over various days. And if you're already working in the company they will be somewhat less worried you'll get snapped up elsewhere by a different company. So may not feel quite so rushed.

I'd give it another 5 days before you need to worry. If you feel you've done really well, chances are you have! Instinct is a good indicator

Sparkesx Fri 13-Jan-17 15:16:12

I didn't get the job - gutted sad

They said my presentation was really good and that I conducted myself very professionally. Their colleague said they really liked me when I had a chat with her about the role...

They decided to go with someone who has internal experience.

Back to my job that I hate for a while it is. sad

HelenDenver Fri 13-Jan-17 15:41:12

Pants!

Sorry to hear that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: