Talk

Advanced search

Developing skills as an interviewer

(1 Post)
GerardNoWay Sun 01-Jan-17 14:36:40

I currently work in recruitment. My role at the moment is interviewing 16-18 year olds for apprenticeship courses and job roles. I have worked in recruitment for four years in different capacities. First role I was an assistant to a consultant, subsequent role I was an in-house recruiter for a company, and now this role.

I feel I am good at my job, but have been having a think today about how I can up my game and be more successful in my career. My employer is very heavily focused on results, bonus scheme is good and there are routes for progression, etc.

I am very conscious that I have never had any formal interview training. My first recruitment role was for a rather large company and I did three days of training there but it was very much focused on sales, rather than getting to know candidates. Since then I have developed my own technique as an interviewer, which works, but no woman is an island and I want to formally develop my skills.

I am, of course, going to approach my manager about this and ask about any CPD I can undertake to improve. However, can I ask if anyone has any good resources, knowledge, courses, etc that they could recommend so I can begin off my own back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now