Talk

Advanced search

Team Building Event suggestions for pregnant women

(11 Posts)
mumtoone Tue 20-Feb-07 20:14:12

My boss wants to set up a team building event. The sort of thing he usually comes up with is paintballing or whitewater rafting. Both myself and one other woman are currently pregnant and so we are causing some difficulties in making arrangements as we can't participate in most things that have been suggested. Can anyone suggest good ideas for team building events. We will both be around 6 months pregnant.

Thanks

bananaloaf Tue 20-Feb-07 20:15:45

how to put up a cot, change a dirty nappy, dress a baby

meowmix Tue 20-Feb-07 20:18:52

what about painting a picture - there's a company called TeamEvents that does great structured painting sessions.

Or could you do something outdoorsy where you act as radio control for two teams competing?

meowmix Tue 20-Feb-07 20:18:55

what about painting a picture - there's a company called TeamEvents that does great structured painting sessions.

Or could you do something outdoorsy where you act as radio control for two teams competing?

meowmix Tue 20-Feb-07 20:19:16

or multiple posting is very popular these days... ooops

BarefootDancer Tue 20-Feb-07 20:51:31

Aromatherapy foot massage.
Belly dancing.
Teach each other a skill (knitting?)
Quiz night
Bowling
Pictionary, jenga, twister
Day out in the country / city / anywhere

incy Wed 21-Feb-07 11:30:56

You could both be excused and have the day off to go shopping/lie on the sofa. Let them paintball....

chocolatekimmy Wed 21-Feb-07 22:05:33

I think you can also get group cookery sessions that are for teambuilding. Preparing menus, food etc and eating at the end. You would have to google it and ensure no soft cheese and all those banned things.

thats so long as you can face food/smells for a day

Swizzler Wed 21-Feb-07 22:06:54

Stay at home. You have a great excuse to get out of what is prob going to be a hideous day

elastamum Wed 21-Feb-07 22:11:37

We run a management development company and do lots of teambuilding that doesnt involve physical challenges i.e treasure hunts involving solving clues and navigating from place to place by car; making a film with the team around the team purpose and values; great egg race type challenges where teams have to design build and race egg chariots. We often work with very diverse teams and believe that teabuilding should be inclusive rather than just physical challenges

BarefootDancer Wed 21-Feb-07 22:45:34

Mmm tea building sounds excellent. Raspberry leaf tea building for you and your friend, with a bit of paintballing for the boys. Film it too.
Do let us know what you decide to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now