Talk

Advanced search

Band 4 NHS admin interview coming up...Ideas please

(10 Posts)
mumznet Sat 24-Dec-16 15:57:57

Hello all,

I have an interview for the post of a Training Needs Analysis Co-ordinator its with Forward Thinking Birmingham in an NHS trust next week. I am quite anxious about it as I don't know how to prepare. The person spec and JD are as usual. However, there is a 30 minutes computer skills test (data test). I'm nervous as don't know how to prepare for the test.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

FruitCider Sat 24-Dec-16 16:08:16

Practice data entry!

mumznet Sat 24-Dec-16 18:17:45

ok what kind of things, excel? graphs??

FruitCider Sat 24-Dec-16 19:21:40

Look at the job spec, the programmes you are expected to be proficient in should be listed.

mumznet Sat 24-Dec-16 20:21:31

ok it does say about microsoft word in the person specification

do you know anything about governance reports in nhs?
thanks

FruitCider Sun 25-Dec-16 21:51:40

Not a sausage I'm afraid, but bumping for you!

daisychain01 Mon 26-Dec-16 08:21:16

I would look at the role spec and JD and list out the responsibilities.

Think about what they are asking you to do.

In a sense it doesn't matter about the content of governance reports, as much as what the job spec says you need to do.

If you are going to be a coordinator, it sounds like you need to use the data they give you to compile a report maybe in a template?

Try to focus on accurate fast typing, reading instructions carefully and doing what is being asked.

daisychain01 Mon 26-Dec-16 08:24:31

Make sure you can use MS Word.

Look up MS Word tutorials online and do some exercises so you know the key menu options.

Do some copy typing, and time yourself for 2, 5 and 10 minutes then check for accuracy and words per minute. Repeat each day and see if you've improved.

mumznet Mon 26-Dec-16 13:49:53

Thank you Both, some good ideas Daisychain
will keep you posted fsmile

mammasmadhouse Tue 03-Jan-17 15:09:23

It may just involve typing up a brief report from given data, perhaps think about the training needs analysis element in terms of how you will identify who will need what training and to what level and how regular. FTB will involve a multi disciplinary team so as well as the clinical skills what non clinical aspects will need to be addressed, how will you monitor and ensure staff attend. Good luck with the interview.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now