Talk

Advanced search

Data protection breach.

(2 Posts)
Lizmay12 Tue 29-Nov-16 16:25:56

I have been in my new job since 17 October. I had to send my p45 to recruitment on my first day which I did.
I received my second wage yesterday and was still on emergency tax. I contacted HR but nobody would speak to me as my manager had to phone them on my behalf. Anyway I decided to contact HMRC and they sorted it for me and informed that they didn't receive my P45 from my employer.

I have just received a department from a senior at head office. She said that my p45 had actually been sent to the wrong person. This other person is another new employee. She stated that as it is a breach of data protection this will be investigated and she will contact me with the outcome of this.

She asked if I had any concerns or questions but I was/am quite shocked ! I don't know who has all my details

Is there anything I should of asked/said. What do I do now? Just wait for them to investigate and see what they say?

I don't know if I should be worried..

HermioneWeasley Tue 29-Nov-16 19:51:22

Sounds like human error. i don't think there's anything to be worried about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now