Gave my notice in and now doubting myself

(2 Posts)
Kiwiblue02 Sat 05-Nov-16 16:07:34

I work for a small company as a marketing assistant, and while I do love it, i also have a love/hate relationship with the whole job. I love the culture, my colleagues and laid back way of working, but I also find the subject itself quite boring and I'm given huge amounts of responsibility with no real recognition. And I find myself getting frustrated and irritated.

I have been looking out for jobs on and off for about a year with no luck of finding a new role and been headhunted a couple of times to which it hasn't interested me.

I was approached by a company for a communications coordinator role, and it's the first time I've been really intrigued. They asked me to come in for a chat and an hour later I was offered the role. More money, more holiday days which is great for time off in school holidays and also they do a performance-based bonus scheme of 10-20% of salary a year.
It looks like a good opportunity with the opportunity to progress.

It's all happened so quickly and now I've given my notice in I just feel anxious. All of a sudden I have a new job.

I'm worried I've made the wrong decision, all of a sudden I realise how much I'm gonna miss my colleagues, that comfortable feeling as I know what I'm doing. My current company is a small family feel company and I'm going to a mid size company.

What if they hate me? what if I don't fit in or I can't do the job and they regret hiring me. What if my old job was better? All of a sudden I've lost my initial excitement and now I'm nervous and scared as hell to the point where I want to tell my job I don't want to leave!

daisychain01 Sun 06-Nov-16 09:24:51

Put the what ifs aside, you're catastrophising! Simple as that smile

Enjoy the feeling of being recognised in the new role. You found a new job for several reasons which amounted to you being unhappy.Those reasons have not gone away.

Onwards and upwards right?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now