Talk

Advanced search

Claire's Accessories

(8 Posts)
Mummaoh Tue 25-Oct-16 23:12:03

Hey guys!
I have a quick question, has anybody ever fallen pregnant whilst working at a Claire's UK store at store level, preferably management? I'm really keen to find out if they have a Contractual Maternity Pay policy and when it kicks in (after 1 year of employment etc). Obviously I don't want to ask too many questions of the company as I haven't been there that long! Thanks xxx

Heratnumber7 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:13:58

The policy is probably published on their intranet site.

Mummaoh Tue 25-Oct-16 23:17:46

Hey! No it states in their policy file that this info will only be sent out to pregnant employees in a special info pack they give 🙄 Hence the Columbo approach lol

ninenicknames Tue 25-Oct-16 23:23:46

They have to have a maternity policy.

If not then look at gov.uk for more info on statutory maternity rights

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 25-Oct-16 23:29:54

It used to be statutory only unless you were at HQ level, but this was quite a few years ago now - 7 or 8? When my friend worked there.

Mummaoh Tue 25-Oct-16 23:35:50

Ah ok, maybe it still is. Thanks!

Mummaoh Thu 27-Oct-16 00:33:14

Ah ok, maybe it still is. Thanks!

SarahOoo Thu 27-Oct-16 14:39:33

I'd be pretty certain it's just statutory maternity pay even if for management, I worked in HR for two major retailers (one being similar to Claire's) and store staff only ever got statutory. However if you look at your employee handbook it will probably have a brief statement to say it's statutory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now