Talk

Advanced search

Overpaid

(7 Posts)
poppetsocks Thu 20-Oct-16 21:54:56

Have informed payroll I was overpaid by a few hours. They've discovered they have also overpaid others after looking into it and will take it all back next month. Just worried other staff will be annoyed with me for letting them know. Also worried I've got somebody into trouble now too. Should I have just left it?

Allibear Thu 20-Oct-16 21:57:42

I think you did the right thing! They would have found out anyways and it might have got a lot higher (I owed my last company £300 because they kept overpaying me) and it's stressful to be in debt to your company, people probably won't know it was you so don't worry about people being annoyed !!

whirlygirly Thu 20-Oct-16 21:57:44

If you haven't told anyone then don't. You've absolutely done the right thing but I wouldn't advertise it.

Ginmakesitallok Thu 20-Oct-16 21:59:34

You've absolutely done the right thing! The others should tell too.

MulberryBush12 Thu 20-Oct-16 22:00:31

No -you did the right thing. Someone in payroll would have realised eventually and you(&other staff) would have to pay it back.
Don't worry about it at all; payroll should have done their job properly in the 1st place!!

poppetsocks Thu 20-Oct-16 22:06:00

Well I did mention to one colleague that I had reported about my own pay as I had been talking to them about it. So think when they realise they are taking the money back they will know it's because I mentioned it. I just couldn't have relaxed knowing I wasn't entitled to it but realise some people would have kept it. I know I should have kept my mouth shut and just not said I'd told themconfused Also hope I haven't got the person who made the mistake in trouble.

poppetsocks Thu 20-Oct-16 22:56:02

Thanks everyone. I'm sure I did do the right thing. Just over thinking and worrying a bit as things have been a bit tense already at work lately and now feel I might make things worse. Hopefully it will be OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now