Advanced search

Working as a contractor

(3 Posts)
MegCleary Thu 20-Oct-16 15:00:59

Any one do it I have done random questions?
Such as can I just invoice and then do a self assessment tax at the end of the year?

potentialqualms Thu 20-Oct-16 15:20:20

Depends what line of work you do/if you do it regularly etc. There are big penalties for employing contractors who should really be directly employed and the "employer" has to to to do and Employment Status Indicator check before paying anyone on a self employed basis.

If it passes then yes, you invoice them and pay the tax via your tax return. You also need to register as self employed

MegCleary Thu 20-Oct-16 20:12:50

My husband is doing some I T work and has been asked to invoice them. He will to a self assessment tax return next year. I just want to check if he needs to pay national insurance contributions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now