Talk

Advanced search

Can I learn Adobe Acrobat quickly?

(5 Posts)
Blodwengoch Wed 19-Oct-16 12:36:24

It's for a new job which I haven't started yet, but I'd like to hit the ground running with it and teach myself before I get there as there'll be plenty of other challenges to deal with.

I'm proficient with Word, Powerpoint etc and have a basic knowledge of Photoshop. Do you reckon Acrobat would be easy to pick up on my own, or should I sort out some training? thanks

thestarryeyedsurprise Wed 19-Oct-16 12:43:02

I think Acrobat is fairly easy in comparison with some of the adobe programmes! If I were you I would YouTube/google a lot of the basics. You will learn the less important pieces over time.

INeedSomeHelp Wed 19-Oct-16 12:45:25

As far as I know Acrobat is really just for making PDFs out of existing documents so there really isn't much to it.
You can use one document or choose a number of files and combine them into one PDF.
I don't think you'd need any specific training - just install it and have a play around or see if there are any free tutorials online.
Unless there's loads more to it that I'm not aware of!

Blodwengoch Wed 19-Oct-16 17:01:45

Thanks!

NewIdeasToday Mon 24-Oct-16 23:32:19

As well as combining documents you can do things like add headers and footers, edit documents and set them out to easy use online (eg in 'chapters'). Suggest you get s copy and an introductory book. Or watch YouTube videos.

Good luck with the new job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now