Talk

Advanced search

NHS Job re-advertised

(6 Posts)
flopsypopsymopsy Fri 14-Oct-16 10:29:36

A short while back I applied for a job with the NHS. It is different to what I've done previously but I want a change in direction and tick all the boxes on their person spec. A friend who is very experienced in the NHS went through the spec with me and explained how I should tailor my application. She has never failed to get an interview and said I shouldn't have any problem either.

Well.... I never heard back so assumed I wasn't successful, however, the job has just been re-advertised (or a new one that is identical).

I'm a bit confused as although I thought there would be better candidates I didn't think I would be a definite no. Is it worth contacting them or should I just forget it?

FlabulousChic Fri 14-Oct-16 18:56:43

Apply again but using your own words not your friends maybe they thought you was over qualified

flopsypopsymopsy Fri 14-Oct-16 21:54:18

I didn't use her words. We went through the job spec and she basically said, "You could say this, this or this...." while I scribbled some key words down. I then went back and wrote my supporting statement. She didn't check it for me.

Her approach was far more direct. Job spec asked for good communication skills so she told me to say to confirm the skill on the job spec and back it up with evidence. (i.e. I have good communication skills. In my previous job at Acme Holdings, I did x y and z.....).

Thirtyrock39 Fri 14-Oct-16 21:56:24

Did it require experience in a health care setting? I had a lot of rejection from NHS jobs before I had experience gained from volunteering in the NHS.

Boogers Fri 14-Oct-16 22:01:35

Does the other advert specifically say it's a re-advertisement and previous candidates need not apply? If not I'd go for it but maybe with a phone call to the person listed on the advert if there is one, or HR if there isn't.

CurtainsforRonnie Fri 14-Oct-16 22:09:26

They like an example from everything in the essential & desirable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now