Talk

Advanced search

Didn't get the job - devastated

(2 Posts)
chrisyas Wed 28-Sep-16 09:29:45

Just wanting to have a rant. I recently applied to this large international company for my dreamjob. The interview was going really well and I had high hopes. Yesterday I got a call from HR letting me know that it was a close call but they had decided to go for an internal applicant. I really am devastated and haven't slept all night. The thing is, I am in a complete dead-end job just now and the area I live in, only this international company is recruiting in my area of work. The application processes take ages, I had applied for this job back in June. Really finding it hard to get motivated to apply for new jobs again. Only internal candidates seem to be picked. Does anybody have any advice?

OllyBJolly Wed 28-Sep-16 14:25:15

What about you call the interviewer (or email if you're not that brave) and restate your desire to work for the company, and ask for some honest, constructive feedback on what you could have done to get the job?

(3 months from application to appointment isn't ages for a recruitment process - pretty standard outside of volume recruitment)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now