Advanced search

Tax advice

(3 Posts)
Squeegle Wed 21-Sep-16 11:55:58

I recently left my last job where I was taxed PAYE. Since then I have done a small amount of freelance - worth about £2500. Do I just add this onto my tax return at the end of the year? Is it just taxed at normal rate? What about national insurance, presumably I don't have to pay that on it? Any guidance much appreciated. Thanks

prh47bridge Wed 21-Sep-16 13:05:35

Yes, you do add it on to your tax return. Yes, it is taxed at the normal rate. However you do have to pay NI. See here for more information.

Squeegle Wed 21-Sep-16 15:42:02

Thanks very much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now