Being treated unfairly

(2 Posts)
SwipeOut Sat 10-Sep-16 16:41:48

I've been the victim of bullying at my workplace. This has included racial remarks, gender and age insults too. The bully in question has been spoke to about this but it was very informal, more of a 'let's us just get along please' kind of thing.

Now this bully has made an extremely insulting comment about me that has been reported and when I heard it I was in tears. Management spoke to me about it to ask how I had found out, I answered all questions and was told they'd sort it out. Since then the bully has been coming to work and laughing and joking with everyone as normal but management are being really cold with me. I have attempted to start conversation with them and get one word answers, meanwhile the bully is heard daily laughing with them.

The bully and management are not friendly out of work and there is no special treatment or anything like that. It is more that I am being treated very coldly when I am the one who hasn't done anything wrong. I've asked again what is being done about the comment and I'm told 'we're dealing with it'.

I work very very hard and my work is of a very high standard. I used to love my job now I hate going in as I just sit in silence all day. I'm very isolated and get the feeling they just want me to leave. I don't know what to do.

RaeSkywalker Sat 10-Sep-16 21:59:49

I'd ask them for a meeting to discuss the issue ASAP. Also, start writing down dates and times that incidents happen.

So sorry that you're going through this flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now