Talk

Advanced search

Feel like going off sick

(7 Posts)
SparklySlippers Sat 10-Sep-16 00:13:09

Started a new job at Xmas. I like the job but i don't fit in and team very bitchy. I've been struggling with infertility for a while and probably need ivf I have been very distressed by this for six months. Eventually yesterday I broke done and told my male manager who was great. Today I've worked 11 hours and was left all the shite to do. On driving home I crashed my car because I'm so tired and overwrought. I really don't wana go off sick but feeling so stressed with life and work!

RowenaDahl Sun 11-Sep-16 18:42:19

Find something else?

Sparklyslippers Sun 11-Sep-16 19:42:28

Hi Rowena. I just feel like if I find something else I'll have to explain to them the fertility treatment etc and at least they know here. I've been in bed most of the weekend I'm knackered but I'm going to go back tomorrow and try again. I could go back to an old job of mine as they advertise for staff every month so at least I've got an option there

babynelly2010 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:04:30

I was in similar situation but slightly different about 6 years ago. I just moved into uk, left fantastic job behind and joined this very bitchy team. There were big issues in the office and most of my nights were late some nights I staid until 3am. I was exhausted, everytime I would come to office I felt dreadfull walking into the door. The lady I worked directly under was a complete incompenent bitch. One day I had enough, snapped and told her I needed to leave because I felt sick. She said I would not do that we have a deadline but I did anyways. I got home wrote letter to management and quit. A week later I found out I am pregnant. In my imidiate future I regreted my decision, I thought I could of tolerated her more but in long term that momement ended up being a blip in my past. The only thing I do still regret that I did not act earlier and ended up leaving on imotional terms but I was a bit hormonal then too. That office was so unhealthy noone staid there for long. Something was very toxic in the air of the place everyone. I later found out that the owner lady passed away from cancer, the business still goes on but there was never piece on that team, noone I worked with is still there although its been a while.

RowenaDahl Sun 11-Sep-16 20:11:13

Would they need to know about your IVF treatment? Can you not keep that under your hat?

babynelly2010 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:13:33

Ivf should be a private matter and separate from work

Sparklyslippers Sun 11-Sep-16 20:20:31

I know that but its alot of appts and days off so i will have to inform work. The unit advises to tell your manager aswell and will even write management a letter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now