Talk

Advanced search

Office air con

(7 Posts)
Middleoftheroad Wed 07-Sep-16 23:07:53

Just moved offices and am.sitting directly under freezing air con. I don't like the cold and I suffer from.sore throats. Since working in the new office my eyes feel dry and I have a sore throat. I have 100 percent attendance since I joined three years ago but feel unwell today with headache too.

Would it be OK to raise this with my boss who sits opposite? There are 6 people who work in the office but are in and out all day. Im the only one who is desk based all day every day.

sonlypuppyfat Wed 07-Sep-16 23:09:29

See I'd love that , I've been so miserable all summer I dream of being cold

Gwenhwyfar Wed 07-Sep-16 23:12:30

I hate the damn air con. Nice day outside today, but cold inside. I HATE it and when I complain the hot people say stupid things like "We can't take out clothes off, but you can put more clothe on". Why should I be sitting there in a big jumper in the middle of summer. Can't type with a coat and gloves on.
In your case, you're the only desk-based person so you should be allowed to control the air con.

IrenetheQuaint Wed 07-Sep-16 23:12:55

How big is the office? Do you have access to the control panel? If so, just turn it up sneakily. Otherwise yes do mention it.

Bloody work air con, I hate it.

Middleoftheroad Wed 07-Sep-16 23:32:27

The office only has six (there are two large windows i might add) but I think the panel is locked.

I can put a cardi on but that won't stop my skin eyes head or throat being affected. The others are out more than in so prob havent got a clue, but it's really bringing me down after just three days.

ManagersDilemma Sat 10-Sep-16 20:34:26

Complain and keep complaining (including emails so it's in writing). Tell them it is unbearable and is making you feel ill. I have been working in a winter coat this summer hmm but I think all my complaints are finally getting through.

INeedANameChange Sun 11-Sep-16 12:02:41

My boss insists on having the air con on even when it's snowing hmm

So I've gone down the passive aggressive route of wearing a garish sleeved blanket in our very corporate, suit wearing office. If they want to make the office freeze then I'm using my damned duvet whether they like it or not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now