Talk

Advanced search

Leaving NHS to work at University as a Practice Educator

(5 Posts)
Oh2beatsea Sun 24-Jul-16 09:56:02

I currently work in the NHS and have done for 20 + years. I am thinking of applying for a Practice Educator post.
Has anyone else moved from the NHS to a University post? Was the pension much different? Does anyone currently work as a PE? Any pros and cons to the role?
Thanks

Oh2beatsea Thu 11-Aug-16 12:34:00

Just bumping this up incase anyone has any thoughts?

user7755 Thu 11-Aug-16 12:39:05

Will PM you

user7755 Thu 11-Aug-16 12:44:40

Not sure why but I can't PM you hmm

I left the NHS three years ago and work in a university (won't give too many details), I do a lot of placement stuff.

Pension seems pretty good (I don't really know about all that sort of thing). I would say that it is very admin / process driven and that people seem to panic about stuff which is not a major issue. Coming from the NHS where things are genuinely life threatening, when all of a sudden, a (pointless) form not being completed by a particular date or in a particular way becomes a major issue can take some adjustment!

Oh2beatsea Thu 11-Aug-16 12:53:56

Ah thanks User. Yes I can imagine that being an issue for me too!! I tend to think, don't sweat the small stuff - probably the NHS makes you think like that!!
Thanks for the info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now