Talk

Advanced search

Would you apply for a new job when just started a job?

(4 Posts)
Millionairerow Fri 22-Jul-16 17:00:58

I've started a new job in June 2016 and on 3 months probation. My new job is going well but I my heart of hearts I have reservations about it. I could live with it but another opportunity has cropped up. There are other factors in my new job that make me think I should apply for this new job

(1) I was hired for a specific role with a specific client. The project passed over during a critical time on whether they will renew the contract and add further services but they keep asking if it can be done at a level lower?
(2) I've heard on the grapevine that the client may not renew our services but will of another dept.
(3) I'm concerned I'll lose my expertise in my area as I'll be less hands on due to work being done in cheaper countries (which is causing the problems in the project).
(4) I went down in job title and the new job would take me back to old title
(5) the new job would be down the road instead of home based. I've been home based a long time now but I find it encroaches in my home life and I'm always checking emails when I should have clocked off.

I've had meetings with this company and in my service area they seem happy with my appointment and the fact I'm moving the project forward so I'm surprised I heard this from a different dept that our services might stop with this company.

WWYD? Go for the new job and see what happens? My previous appointments I've stayed 3-5 years so will this look strange?

Fuckoffdailymailyoufuckers Fri 22-Jul-16 17:04:54

Not at all strange. The newer someone is in a job, the more likely they are to get a new job. In my experience as a recruiter anyway.

Hoppinggreen Sat 23-Jul-16 11:34:03

I always think you should make a decision about whether to take a job once you've been offered it - go for it!

PrimalLass Sat 23-Jul-16 11:42:32

I would go for it. I'm on a temp contract until the end of the year that will probably be extended but I am about to start applying for other things. I so feel guilty but only applied for it in the first place because it was temp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now