Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dilemma!

(4 Posts)
Fortunatepiggy Wed 13-Jul-16 07:57:23

Hi

I'm in a senior part time role been with employer 12 years.. Big corporate . Just been offered new role with competitor but v small boutique firm. Am agonising over what to do.. Given the current brexit uncertainty im thinking it's not a good time to be taking risks and jumping ship but new offer promises good bonuses and opportunity. Also feel v overlooked where I am saw a strategy plan yesterday where 2 colleagues have been earmarked for progression and my name was not featured even though I am more senior. Guess that's because I'm part time. Also current boss is not v supportive in terms of career progression. Add into the mix I'm 40 and still not decided whether we want another child or not. Timing is not great is it? What should I do?

poocatcherchampion Wed 13-Jul-16 07:58:46

Move jobs.

Are you maintaining your part time hours?

Fortunatepiggy Wed 13-Jul-16 08:23:29

Yes would actually be less time in office too but longer travel time to get to office on office days. I'm lacking confidence a bit because of the way I feel in current role and I'm worried about ramping it up to the level I need to perform in new job. Sounds like I'll have the opposite problem of what I have now and will be really busy so am worrying about fitting everything in and increased stress levels! It's comfortable where I am but I've clearly been written off to some extent. It's a question of whether I stay comfortable whilst deciding whether we want another ( and ttc) and put up with the lack of career progression. Thing is is we don't have another child I don't think an opportunity like this will come along again but am I ready to take it now ( and all associated stresses and risks)

Fortunatepiggy Wed 13-Jul-16 19:03:45

Think I'm going to cop out and say no but I'm quite annoyed with myself for taking the easy option and not just going for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now