Talk

Advanced search

Finding work...

(5 Posts)
Findingwork14 Tue 28-Jun-16 08:20:32

Can anyone share my pain with searching for a new job....I'm applying online with a CV and letter, meeting with agencies and understand the reasons why I have to do this, attending interviews - first and second which seen very positive and then nothing....no feedback, absolutely nothing. How do people get new jobs? It's so frustrating, basic manners, surely it's ok to say to someone thanks, but no thanks. Agencies, I continue to put calls in/send emails - following their instructions and I get nothing back. I've worked all my life, this whole process seems really horrible and totally unnecessary. Basic manners seem to be lost in the world of recruitment and applying for jobs. If I take time out to research a company and to go to interviews then surely basic manners and a bit of feedback should be possible or am I totally wrong?

penisbeakerlaminateflooringetc Tue 28-Jun-16 08:25:52

You're not wrong, it's rude to not even give a "no thank you".

Are you on LinkedIn? That's how I got my job. Big yourself up on there and add some recruitment consultants as contacts.

Hiddenaspie1973 Tue 28-Jun-16 13:32:08

It's soul destroying isn't it. 🙁
I'm after work and have tried all avenues without success.
It sucks. I'm not even paying stamp as I work 9.5 hours per week.
My issue us that I am after part time work. I live in a busy town in the south east where every nmw job gets 50+ applicants. I'm 42, so too old apparently and I have 1 primary age child (which means I may have more, according to employers......🙄).
When I was in my late 20s early 30s, I was told my age was a problem as employers were concerned I may have a kid and take maternity leave. 🙄😡
I'll just top myself when I'm older as there is absolutely no way I will be able to live. 😥
I hate work and I hate not having more hours.
I feel your pain.

Findingwork14 Tue 28-Jun-16 18:50:24

Yes on LinkedIn, all updated.
Agree it's soul destroying and I really don't know what else I can do to find a new job which makes me feel worried sick. I wake up thinking about it and go to sleep thinking about it. Recruitment agencies appear to be useless. Just find it so sad that I want a full time job, doing everything I can daily to try and sort this for me and my family, attending interviews and get no feedback. It's so rude, think I need a job in recruitment - ok I may not have opportunities for everyone but if go out of my way to keep in touch with people and feedback when required asap to the candidate. Sorry, rant over, am off to search for a new job...again.

kiwimumof2boys Fri 01-Jul-16 02:58:38

Oh god i feel your pain! have been looking for over 6 months - agencies bloody useless - like with you, they never respond to me. Had one interview and the guy told me it was because the person who got the job 'had more experience' than me. When I asked for feedback from my interview he got snarky.
Job hunting sucks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now