Talk

Advanced search

Holiday Entitlement pre-maternity leave - help?

(4 Posts)
DarkLightMamma Fri 17-Jun-16 13:42:25

Can anyone help or give me some advice? I get 20 days holiday a year (before bank holidays), though 4 of these days have to be taken for Christmas. I am due to start maternity leave on 1st October but have been told I am only entitled to take 12.5 days holiday, 1/2 day which I have been asked to take for my Obstetrics appointment because I have to go to the hospital at least an hours drive away and will be out for about 4/5 hours. I thought I would be allowed the full 16 days off, as maternity leave should accrue normal holiday entitlements, have I got this twisted around my neck and they are right to only give me 12.5 days?

DontKillMyVibe Fri 17-Jun-16 13:45:26

Yes, on maternity leave you still accrue holiday as normal and you are entitled to time off for maternity appointments and should not be made to use holiday entitlement for them.

If you are based in England you can contact ACAS for free employment rights advice or the citizens advice bureau

DarkLightMamma Fri 17-Jun-16 13:49:47

Thanks, I am based in England but unfortunately both ACAS and the CAB only take calls during my working day, I don't have a lunch break so never get 2 minutes alone time to call them, unless there is an out of hours service I can call?

DontKillMyVibe Fri 17-Jun-16 13:51:56

ACAS advise lines are open until 8pm Mon-Fri and until 1pm on Sat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now