Talk

Advanced search

How to work out pay?

(5 Posts)
Kn33 Sat 28-May-16 23:01:52

Just wondering if anyone knows how your leaving pay is commonly worked out if you leave midway through a month but work shifts (different days etc so no fixed pattern but are salaried?)
And also how your new job would work out your first months pay when you start midway through and again, are salaried?

Pico2 Sat 28-May-16 23:39:43

Do you work a set number of hours or shifts per month? There must be some sort of contractual hours in your contract that you work in return for your salary.

Kn33 Sun 29-May-16 08:40:39

Hi Pico

It's a rolling shift pattern so each week and month varies in how many days/hours I'm at work, that's why it's got me all confused confused

BeauGlacons Sun 29-May-16 08:44:34

Do you work annualised hours? If you work, for example 1000 hours per year and work different hours every month but get the same salary every month, there will be an adjustment either way. Go and speak to your payroll manager - and don't forget your accrued annual leave.

Kn33 Sun 29-May-16 09:01:43

Ah that sounds like how they might work it, yes I get the same salary every month.. So I need to find out how they adjust it.
Thank you! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now