Advanced search

Employee grievance help

(10 Posts)
Rentaldeceptionist Wed 25-May-16 19:40:19

NC and trying to be vague but also give as much information as possible.

I had an ongoing dispute with my employer and raised a grievance on the advice of ACAS and other advisory bodies. The grievance was pretty much ignored along with further complaints to said employer about breaking the law and mismanagement. I subsequently left the organisation and believed that the issues had finally been resolved. However I have just found out that they have not which potentially will cause me a number of problems. I wish to take the matter further but I am not sure how. Will ACAS or CAB be able to help if I am no longer employed by the organisation? I am also considering getting the advice of a lawyer but not sure how to go about it. The organisation is also a charity and there are potentially much greater implications. Is it possible to make a complaint to the Charity Commission? I am not sure if it would count as whistleblowing (especially as I am no longer employed by them). Also, from what I gathered by looking online, the Charity Commission may not be interested in a workplace dispute, although I may be wrong.

I was willing to let the situation go due to the enormous stress it has caused but I feel like I no longer have that option. Also, I don't think it is fair for the organisation to potentially do the same to anyone else.

Thanks for reading, and if anyone happens to have any further questions, I will try my best to answer them without outing myself. I have never been in this situation before so I feel at a loss to know the best course of action.

IceMaiden73 Thu 26-May-16 06:09:55

I think without more information you won't get any useful answers, but understand it is sensitive

I would start with ACAS

flowery Thu 26-May-16 09:44:20

Impossible to advise without knowing what your ex employer has done. Generally you have three months to bring a tribunal claim about something but there are sometimes other options for further action depending what it is, and how it will affect you in the future, as you say it will. The Charity Commission might also be an option, again depending on what it is.

Rentaldeceptionist Thu 26-May-16 10:04:10

Thank you both for your advice. Yet again, trying not to give too much away but it involves suspected misuse of public funds which has also affected me personally. I will start with ACAS and see what they advise

CotswoldStrife Thu 26-May-16 11:07:56

Your post is rather confusing - if your previous company have broken a law then I'd have thought it would be clear who you would need to speak to about it? Is it more a matter of your intepretation of the use of funds against theirs?

Rentaldeceptionist Thu 26-May-16 11:31:22

Sorry, I will try to make it a little clearer. Some payments should have been made, I have now found out that they haven't, so I have no idea where that money has gone and previous employer is refusing to explain or even acknowledge an issue. There are a lot of related issues which have caused me to be very suspicious, but I don't have any concrete proof.

daisychain01 Thu 26-May-16 12:53:01

Rental, based on your posts, are you saying the money that should have been paid, has not been, and there could be a shadow of doubt over you personally, because the money cannot be traced? If so, then I would say you definitely need to keep involved and engaged through the process, in order to clear your name.

If you are only taking matters further, to ensure the organisation doesn't do the same in the future, then I would suggest you walk away. You could find yourself deeply embroiled in a situation over which you have no personal control, and it could impact on your own health, stress levels, and even your ability to work in a different organisation. Whistle blowing is something that invariably happens when the person has nothing to lose. Stories I have read show that those people feel they are doing their public duty but are very candid about the personal toll on them and their family, financially and health wise.

I would consider your options realistically

Rentaldeceptionist Thu 26-May-16 12:59:28

I am going to need to be a bit clearer. I have proof that shows that I had deductions taken from my pay every month to go to three different organisations. I have just found out that those organisations have never received any of the money. Previous employer claims the deductions were transferred correctly. It also appears that I am going to now lose money due to the deductions not being received and interest being charged.

Thank you for your advice, I am trying to assess all my options before proceeding any further. I am sorry I have been so cryptic.

IceMaiden73 Thu 26-May-16 17:31:40

I think you need to go and speak to a lawyer and get proper advice on this as it sounds like it will be complicated

RentalDeceptionist Thu 26-May-16 20:00:13

Thank you for the advice. I suspected that legal advice would be needed but I wanted to double check that I wasn't rushing in to anything. It is a very complicated situation and I will suspect it will only get worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now