Talk

Advanced search

references issue

(4 Posts)
babynelly2010 Thu 12-May-16 15:30:49

I just applied for internal job. For references I put one internal person and another external. My external contact has been very happy orally to help me with job references and referenced me for my current job. Well I texted him a while ago after speaking over the phone saying that I had an interview and that someone may be contacting him, he never responded. I did not think much about it as the message did not ask any questions. I texted him today about this new application I made and had no responses. I am getting worried about this. This job is perfect and the department seem to be excited about me applying. This person always said he was happy to refer me but now no answer. I am worried may be he is not happy with me using his name so much, this is a 3rd time in a year or not sure. I am trying to think if I need to contact him and ask but don't want to be too annoying. ANy advice on what can I do or just wait and see? I am worried I made a mistake by putting this person on and it will come at the price of promotion.
Anyone knows what happens if reference is not available to be contacted? Would I have a chance to give another person's name?

ChessieFL Thu 12-May-16 17:08:17

Just ring him and ask. He may not have received the texts for some reason.

babynelly2010 Sat 14-May-16 00:55:13

Called, he was just busy, still happy to give the good word, fingers crossed it goes well with interview

ChessieFL Sat 14-May-16 06:38:50

Good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now