Talk

Advanced search

How long to wait before chasing?

(5 Posts)
MEgirl Wed 20-Apr-16 18:59:52

When applying for a job, how long would you wait to find out if you are invited for an interview before chasing the company keeping in mind that many people probably applied for the post?

holdinghands Wed 20-Apr-16 20:27:36

Was there a closing date or a date when the interviews would be held?

MEgirl Wed 20-Apr-16 22:20:20

No. Job was advertised on LinkedIn. I applied directly through the company webisite per the link on LinkedIn. That link has closed though it is still showing on the actually company's site. I also saw it on other sites but non of them showed a closing date. I've tried to email the company to ask what the closing date is but haven't received a reply.

flowery Thu 21-Apr-16 08:45:11

If you've emailed them then you've already chased them and there's not a lot of value in doing it again.

MEgirl Thu 21-Apr-16 11:36:48

I emailed before submitting the application as I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss the deadline. Couldn't get through on the phone. All I got was an answerphone every time. I'll leave it a few more days which will be 2 weeks since submitting. Hopefully I'll hear something by then.

I'm out of practice with all of this as it has been many years since I last had a paying job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now