worried this will effect chances of finding a new job

(6 Posts)
Notsurewhyimhere Wed 13-Apr-16 11:36:31

So yesterday i phoned in sick to work. This is my second absence in 6 months so this means I will get a disciplinary. Will this show up to other future employers and effect my chances of getting a new job ?

Thanks in advance

tava63 Wed 13-Apr-16 16:59:41

It may cause a problem in relation to internal roles but most references to external roles just state what your job title was and date you started and ended as employers.

snowgirl1 Wed 13-Apr-16 17:24:05

Occasionally, new employers do send reference requests asking how many instances of absence, but as tava63 said most companies now just give references which state job title and dates of employment.

trinity0097 Wed 13-Apr-16 21:20:32

Are you it's not just a return to work type thing, not a disciplinary?!

Chorltonswheelies422 Wed 13-Apr-16 21:23:44

2nd absence in 6 months and you get a disciplinary? What job do you do? Check your contract - what does it say re absence for illness?

Notsurewhyimhere Wed 13-Apr-16 22:19:21

Thanks for everyone's comments

I work for a supermarket. Without slagging them off they are very strict on absences. They said the last time I was off sick that if I had another absence within 6 months it would be a disciplinary. I know that they genuinely do it cos a lot of the people I work with have been given a disciplinary for being absent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now