Talk

Advanced search

Changing GP record possible? Stress...declaring in critical illness?

(4 Posts)
goodusb Sun 10-Apr-16 14:32:42

I hae got patient record. In one of yhe appoitments the GP said "stress at work". I am now filling out critical illness application and one of questions is whether i expetienced Stress in the past. Shall I say YES ? Or is it a minor episode and not a medical condition? OR can I ask GP to change the record and not yi say STress but Uncomfortable situation?

flowery Sun 10-Apr-16 16:28:52

it seems to me that the answer to the question is yes, you have experienced stress in the past. I don't think lying on the form is a good idea to be honest.

Wolpertinger Sun 10-Apr-16 16:34:18

The GP will not change your medical record. Did the stress lead you to have time off work/counselling/anti-depressants or literally just a chat with your GP?
Or was the GP appointment about something else and stress at work came up incidentally?

If the later I'd ignore it. If you had time off etc you definitely have to declare it. A one off chat is prob a grey zone but best to declare and the company can make it's own decision by asking you further questions later.

Fwaffy Sun 10-Apr-16 16:48:23

Be honest. They'll likely ask the GP to clarify when they send a form to her/him. Doesn't sound like they'll have a big problem with it if the background is as you describe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now