JSA/Jobs

(4 Posts)
sharron6970 Sun 20-Mar-16 21:15:11

On JSA, and offered and accepted a permanent job to start beg of April, 30 hours. However, as part of my claim for JSA I have to actively apply for jobs each week. Situation is that I have been offered two interviews, which I have to attend. They are both permanent, 37.5 hours per week. My situation is that I don't know what to do if either of them are offered. I didn't expect to get any more interviews, esp one's that were full time. Don't know what to do as my tax credits will be cut for my eldest next year, and will need to get another job to make up for the loss. Or, do I take one of the other jobs if offered, and if I do, where do I stand regarding employment law? Feeling sick and anxious :- (

IceMaiden73 Mon 21-Mar-16 07:32:11

Have you signed a contract for the new job?

Are they all jobs you are interested in?

sharron6970 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:58:54

I haven't signed any paper contract. I was sent via email details about pensions, a dbs check, equal opps, and a letter stating the hours, probationary period. Yeh, interested in both, but the full time role will pay more. I just fear that I may not have enough to live on from the 30 hour role. Chances are, I may be not be offered the other role anyway, and would go ahead with the 30 hour. Its a job at the end of the day-better than benefits :-)

scarlets Tue 29-Mar-16 11:11:40

If you prefer the 30h role, is it worth asking them if they can increase the hours at all, even by just a couple per week? If you are offered one or both of the full time jobs, you'll have a bit of leverage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now