Talk

Advanced search

flexible work request

(7 Posts)
thisismypassword Tue 15-Mar-16 13:51:37

I work in a secondary school as a teacher. I submitted my request on February 21st and have heard nothing and HR is not answering my calls.

How long is an acceptable time to wait??

centigrade451 Tue 15-Mar-16 17:18:46

10 days is reasonable. I can't imagine HR would be that busy.

Kellyann22 Tue 15-Mar-16 18:01:34

Hi, they have 3 months to reject or approve your application for flexible working hours. After that they should write to you with agreed t and cs or if refusal with business reasons and you may be able to complain this refusal. Hope this helps

thisismypassword Wed 16-Mar-16 10:23:01

Thanks kellyann. I'm going to write a letter anyway and it'll arrive when it'll have been a month since submitting the request. There are no governors so it's not like they have to wait around for them!

thisismypassword Thu 17-Mar-16 13:34:35

I just read a union website and it says 28 days for a meeting. Then you have 14 days to appeal the decision then they have another 28 to respond.

It's nearly been 28 days now and HR is very difficult to get a hold of on the phone. Left a message 2 days ago. I'm sending that letter tomorrow at the latest.

TiredButFineODFOJ Thu 17-Mar-16 18:58:24

They used to have to "respond" arrange a meeting to discuss in 21 days, now they just have to agree or decline the request within 3 months.
I'd recommend emailing HR (though they don't usually make the decision, it's your manager/director etc)

Rainuntilseptember Fri 18-Mar-16 15:53:56

Leaving HR aside for the moment, has your head agreed to this in principle? I have waited months in the past as they basically had to wait to see if they could fill the other part of my job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now