Talk

Advanced search

WWYD

(5 Posts)
Millionairerow Wed 24-Feb-16 19:23:39

Wasn't getting on with my boss so went for another job which I got. I am a director just now but this would be associate director role. The package they've offered is more than 12k pay rise. The recruitment consultant reckons he can get a bit more. Tried to get a starter bonus and start up bonus as due to get around 18 per cent bonus soon which I won't get if I leave. But I'm a believer in having it in take home pay. Anyway a few weeks back I complained about my manager to her boss and she has now changed my line manager to her so main source of frustration now gone! So gives me more of an incentive to stay. It's a long story but WWYD? I fought hard for my promo.

Yellowaveo59 Wed 24-Feb-16 19:27:14

The recruitment consultant will push for as much as possible wether it be flat pay or bonus as it bumps up their fees. They regularly try this tactic with me.You were aware what the package was when you applied. If Iraq didn't suit you shouldn't have applied.

EBearhug Thu 25-Feb-16 00:51:56

You could talk to your new line manager - say because of the frustrations with your previous manager, you applied for this other job, which they're offering you at X amount, and you're not sure what to do. It depends a bit on the manager - I've known those who would take it as a personal insult and never speak to you again, and I had one who went and got me a payrise and I stayed (didn't want the other job anyway, having been through the interview, and thought I'd be pricing myself out of it by asking so much. Very salutory lesson that they didn't just laugh, but took it seriously.) Recruitment consultant will, as Yellow says, go for as much as they can get away with.

What else is in the package? How do things like holidays, flexible work options, private health, pensions, share options and so on compare? What about future career? What are the chances of future promotions in each place? Because it isn't just about take home money.

Millionairerow Thu 25-Feb-16 09:18:40

Hi I will be talking to my new LM about it eventually. I've known her since joining the company and it is a welcome change. I guess what concerns me is she fell for my old LM negative feedback on me and I've seen a decrease in my responsibilities as a results including thinking about takin my line reports away. Thankfully this has been reversed as I think my old LM has shown her true colours and due to my unrefuted success on working with clients etc, I'm turning it round but feel disappointed my cred came into doubt. As I say it's complicated as we acquired a company a year back. We took them over but there are more of them and they are in all the tem lead positions so the culture has really changed. There's also frustrations I have with the type of work I'm doing. The new job would give me that change. Course it would be nice if current job did try to make me stay but let's say I feel bored and under challenged. So I'm about 80 per cent out the door. Your point on promo prospects is a good point I was going to confirm with them s it appears to be a restriction of level on the job I applied for as I don't want to limit my promo prospects and of course the settling into a new place is always challenging (though I work 100 per cent from home). One of my ex colleagues went to this company so know she put in a good word....

Millionairerow Thu 25-Feb-16 09:21:14

Ps yes all the other benefits are there. Pension is the only one that is a bit disappointing v my current place as well as initial bonus levels. But to have it in take home pay is better in my book

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now