Talk

Advanced search

Interviewed today but applications for another job in the same dept close tonight. WWYD?

(6 Posts)
OlafLovesAnna Mon 22-Feb-16 16:00:59

I had an interview today for a supervisory post, I was ok, not amazing but I wasn't too bad. They have a lot of applicants and are continuing to interview tomorrow too.

There is another job advertised, a more junior role in the dept, reporting to the same lady who interviewed me today. Would you apply?

I don't think I have today's job, possibly not enough management experience but the money isn't much less for the more junior job so I'd do it to get a foot in the door as it's an area in which I'd really love to work. The problem is though, I won't know the outcome of today until wed, by which time applications for the other job will have closed!

What would you do!?

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Mon 22-Feb-16 16:02:13

Apply, without a doubt.

OlafLovesAnna Mon 22-Feb-16 16:18:11

Would you email the lady though or just apply and leave it at that?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 22-Feb-16 16:35:23

Just apply. They'll probably have decided about this job before they view the applications for the next one.

OlafLovesAnna Mon 22-Feb-16 17:41:51

It is a big company (NHS) so maybe they'll sit on the applications for a few days, it sort of seems like I'm not committed to the more senior job though doesn't it?

SpidersFromMars Mon 22-Feb-16 17:50:14

Just apply - there's probably an HR dept who sift through and sit on the initial applications before they get to the relevant team - by which time today's outcome will be decided.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now