Talk

Advanced search

Probationary period

(7 Posts)
oldguygirl Mon 22-Feb-16 13:16:48

I have been working for an organisation for just under 6 months . My probation period ends in 2 days. I have handed in my notice with 3 weeks to work and therefore they have cancelled my probation meeting. I did not receive sick pay during my probationary period but what will happen now I am technically not in my probationary period but not had it confirmed in writing due to them cancelling. There have been no issues and no extension. I am still entitled to sick pay

EBearhug Mon 22-Feb-16 13:58:53

Have you had sick leave which you haven't been paid for but think you should have been?

NoodleNuts Mon 22-Feb-16 15:38:27

Are you planning on going sick in the next 3 weeks?

You would still be entitled to SSP during your probationary period, are you talking about Company sick pay? I would say that you are still in the probationary period seeing as it hasn't been confirmed that you have actually competed it to the Company's satisfaction.

mouldycheesefan Mon 22-Feb-16 15:42:20

Why are you planning on being sick?

flowery Mon 22-Feb-16 16:09:48

Does your contract say your probationary period is deemed to have been successfully passed unless you are told otherwise?

LIZS Mon 22-Feb-16 16:21:52

Check your contract, notice during probation may be shorter. I suspect you won't be deemed to have finished probation by resigning now so those terms will continue. Do you expect to be off sick soon ?

oldguygirl Wed 24-Feb-16 15:10:06

Think I wrote this in a hurry not really explaining. My six month probationary period has now ended but my notice period ends in two weeks. There have been no issues with my performance and my probation period would have been signed off. My manager informs me that she was told by hr not to bother with the meeting I should have had regarding signing off my probation. In my opinion the probation should still be signed off so that it appears as such on my records. I have completed my probation as far as I am concerned as I don't leave for another 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now