Declaring health conditions

(4 Posts)
Oddoneout63 Sun 07-Feb-16 22:58:23

I've done my health assessment as part of pre employment checks. All fine, but I (genuinely) forgot to mention that I'm trialling a white noise generator for tinnitus. I have slight hearing loss in one ear (a little more than might be expected for someone my age) & tinnitus. I don't need a hearing aid & so far the wng has not helped with the tinnitus. I don't consider myself hard of hearing nor as deaf (which is why I forgot to mention it - I genuinely don't consider it a problem) so should I declare it or would you just keep quiet about it as it doesn't hinder my work in any way.

lougle Sun 07-Feb-16 23:08:35

I think you would be wise to declare it, because if you later had to have time off related to it you could find that not having declared it is a problem.

lougle Sun 07-Feb-16 23:10:11

You could just say "slight hearing loss in left ear and tinnitus. No medical treatment/aids required."

Oddoneout63 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:29:52

Told the duty nurse who said they'd get back to me if it was a problem. Not heard back so assume it's ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now