Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your skills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Declaring health conditions

(4 Posts)
Oddoneout63 Sun 07-Feb-16 22:58:23

I've done my health assessment as part of pre employment checks. All fine, but I (genuinely) forgot to mention that I'm trialling a white noise generator for tinnitus. I have slight hearing loss in one ear (a little more than might be expected for someone my age) & tinnitus. I don't need a hearing aid & so far the wng has not helped with the tinnitus. I don't consider myself hard of hearing nor as deaf (which is why I forgot to mention it - I genuinely don't consider it a problem) so should I declare it or would you just keep quiet about it as it doesn't hinder my work in any way.

lougle Sun 07-Feb-16 23:08:35

I think you would be wise to declare it, because if you later had to have time off related to it you could find that not having declared it is a problem.

lougle Sun 07-Feb-16 23:10:11

You could just say "slight hearing loss in left ear and tinnitus. No medical treatment/aids required."

Oddoneout63 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:29:52

Told the duty nurse who said they'd get back to me if it was a problem. Not heard back so assume it's ok.

mumsnet jobs

Jobs you might like

View all jobs »

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now