Talk

Advanced search

Risk Assessment

(4 Posts)
PatheticNurse Sun 31-Jan-16 13:42:33

I have a life long medical condition that is managed with life style changes. I was Risk Assessed by my manager to tequire me to be the 3rd trained person on a shift.

Next week there is only two of us. When raised, my manager has said she'll be there. But she won't be. She will be out of the area doing her own work.

If there is an incident eg a patient comes to halm or my medical issue is triggered resulting in the potential harm of a patient, where would I stand legally?

MrsPigling Sun 31-Jan-16 14:23:39

I'm not a lawyer, but have some h&s experience. If you've had a RA and have compiled with it as fr as possible, and have raised this problem with your manager, then I don't see how you can be liable in the event of a problem. However, I can see why you might feel very uneasy about the situation.

Did you raise your concerns in writing (email) with your manager? if not I'd email now, just to confirm the conversation you had. Blind copy your personal (home) email address too so you've got a record

How far out of the area will she be? are we talking separate office or different building? and if not within shouting distance, is she contactable by phone?

Does your condition have the potential to cause issues requiring immediate assistance or are they more gradual, in which case there's time to get help?

MrsPigling Sun 31-Jan-16 14:25:52

as far as possible!

PatheticNurse Sun 31-Jan-16 14:59:45

She won't be in the room. When I need help it is required immediately.

My manager is not approachable and will probably make my working life difficult for awhile - normally by blanking me, speaking to me through gritted teeth etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now