Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Another rejection!

(3 Posts)
Headofthehive55 Tue 26-Jan-16 21:18:18

Today I find out I have just been rejected again for a higher grade job within my organisation (nhs).

I'm pretty sure I met all the criteria and most of the desirable ones. I didn't even get an interview. The job was posted on our internal site but under a section that it wasn't really applicable. So I am surprised if they had many applications to be honest so I am even more disappointed.

I'm beginning to feel I will never improve on my current position. I've tried doing extra projects, some very successfully, and have taken on more roles within my area but really feel I have outgrown the job. I've already started a masters degree. The people are lovely and I know I am well thought of.

Any more ideas I could try?

CocktailQueen Tue 26-Jan-16 21:22:40

I'm sorry to hear that.

Could you talk to your boss and see what she thinks about you and your prospects? Maybe she could advise you.

Headofthehive55 Tue 26-Jan-16 21:47:07

There isn't any higher grade jobs in our department unfortunately, nor are there likely to be. She has given me all the helpful link roles, but I don't really want to let her know I want to move on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: