Talk

Advanced search

Nhs Business Development manager interview

(6 Posts)
Limaaa Sun 24-Jan-16 00:36:31

Hi guys,
I hope you're all good and well, i have recently just been offe re d an interview for a development manager in the nhs. I have worked for the nhs for quite a while now never been interviewed for a managers post. Just wondering if any one could shed some light on questions they may ask ans how to answer them, I would kindly appreciate this. Secondly, if they were to offer me the job I have a quite a bit of sickness in the last 12 months accounting to about 18 days and I have hit a trigger point as well. Would this affect my chances in employment when they ask for my reference? I really would love this job as it's such a platform for the future. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks xsmile

Limaaa Mon 25-Jan-16 14:40:49

Anybody any advice please

Sparkletastic Mon 25-Jan-16 14:41:50

What band is the job?

Sparkletastic Mon 25-Jan-16 14:43:15

And yes the sickness will count against you if there are other candidates scoring closely. Best to tackle it at the end of the interview if it is absence that can be justified (operation, serious illness etc).

Limaaa Mon 25-Jan-16 22:56:08

It's a band 6 post well as far as I know they haven't asked for references yet as I have spoke to my manager about this. I would think they would only ask for them then. Also on two out of my 4 occasions my manager requested I go home as I was in no fit state to be at work

Sparkletastic Tue 26-Jan-16 20:02:30

I head up a BD team. I look for sound commercial instincts in my team members, good negotiation skills, ability to grasp the strategic direction of the trust, ability to understand patient pathways, good understanding of the market(s) and commissioning intentions. Very good written and spoken English etc. What is the main focus of the JD?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now