Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Settlement agreement - reason for leaving and benefits

(3 Posts)
TiredButFineODFOJ Mon 11-Jan-16 23:52:37

Hi all
I'm just negotiating the finer points of a settlement agreement after being bullied out
Employer is suggesting that the reason for leaving is "resignation". It's possible to say "by mutual agreement"
I don't have a job to go to.
I don't know which reason is better in terms of future references and for trying to claim benefits. I'll be loking at JSA and housing benefit claims.
Anyone had any experience of claiming these after similar circumstances?

MummyBex1985 Tue 12-Jan-16 12:02:12

Mutual consent would be deemed to be partially your fault so it probably has a similar effect on benefits.

Practically speaking, because of the confidentiality provisions, you wouldn't be able to discuss the circumstances of your termination and "mutual consent" would raise a number of questions which you couldn't legally answer once the agreement is signed. Resignation would probably be easier in the long run. "redundancy" would be easiest as that doesn't raise any further questions!

maggiethemagpie Thu 14-Jan-16 14:01:44

You can claim if you've made redundant but if you resigned I think you'll be sanctioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now