Talk

Advanced search

Sickness Record- New Employer

(7 Posts)
Shakey15000 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:03:23

Hi

I have been offered a new job which is reliant on satisfactory checks, one of which is sickness record over the last 12 months. Mine is high due to having surgery earlier in 2015. I took the recommended recovery time off and haven't had any other item of sickness except that one. But it's high. I'm fully recovered and no further treatment is required. I've stated this on my form but I'm obviously worried that it will go against me sad

Can anyone tell me or give me any assurance it will be looked at fairly as one incident of sickness? I'm just so stressed!

Orangeanddemons Mon 04-Jan-16 21:05:04

Are they allowed to check this? Isn't it confidential?

OllyBJolly Mon 04-Jan-16 21:09:44

What the new employer is looking for is unreliable attendance. One explained absence is very likely to be ignored.

Congratulations on the new job!

ABetaDad1 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:09:48

They may ask for Drs report to confirm what you have said on the form. If it is one off you will be fine.

I had to undergo medicals for all my jobs in the City.

Shakey15000 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:14:21

Thanks for replies. You've got me thinking now Orange, I assumed it was but not sure now. Moot I guess as I've already submitted it

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 04-Jan-16 21:17:12

One bout like that would not raise any concerns. Lots of individual days would. Don't worry.

Shakey15000 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:21:42

Thanks. I'll have no nails left at this rate!

Might organise a co-ordinated MN hand-hold/ finger cross smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now