Talk

Advanced search

Maternity leave - fixed term contract

(3 Posts)
Jt4321 Wed 30-Dec-15 00:09:12

Hi, wondering if someone could please help. Recently found out I'm pregnant with our first child. Started a new job at the beginning of October on a fixed term contract until sept 2016, I will be due to go on maternity leave beforehand and wondered where I stand with maternity pay, I would have worked for the company for 26 weeks so would be entitled but for how long? If anyone can shed some light id really appreciate it! Thanks X

motheroreily Wed 30-Dec-15 00:26:06

Congratulations.

I also got pregnant whilst on a fixed term contract which ended around whilst I was on maternity leave. I think the advice I got from my hr department was that I would be treated the same as a permanent employee. So I got the same pay as someone on a perm contract.

I had been there 2 years by the time I left for maternity leave. My understanding was that anyone could take 52 weeks if they wished. In the end my contract was renewed so I went back to work after about a year.

Sorry that's not too helpful! But just wanted to say I'd been in the same position.

Jt4321 Fri 01-Jan-16 14:09:46

Thank you! That is helpful and gives me a bit of reassurance, think that's all I needed. I guess I'll find out sooner or later!

Happy new year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now