Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant and we are being made redundant

(4 Posts)
Peppaismyhomegirl Tue 29-Dec-15 15:40:15

Hello.
Just had a call from my manager and they are closing our store in a months time. I am 8 weeks pregnant and the company knows.
I have worked there for 3 years, 16 hours a week. I was just wondering if I would be entitled to any maternity pay?! I'm panicking now as any new job I start won't give me maternity pay will they? I have a meeting with HR next week but can anyone help?!

thatstoast Tue 29-Dec-15 15:47:26

You would probably be entitled to maternity allowance. Take a look on the gov website.

1 month doesn't sound like enough notice to make you redundant but I'm not 100% sure on the rules.

HermioneWeasley Tue 29-Dec-15 16:04:57

If there are less than 20 people being made redundant, there's no timetable for consultation except on an individual basis, which can be a couple of days.

I don't think you'll be entitled to SMP - is there a payroll team you can ask?

Peppaismyhomegirl Tue 29-Dec-15 16:34:42

There are less than 20 people. It's a small company so no one to talk to untill my HR meeting next week. I'm guessing not smp but I'm not sure if I will qualify for maternity allowance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now