Talk

Advanced search

Do I stay or do I go?

(3 Posts)
booksrock Tue 15-Dec-15 08:52:54

I am in a role in a company I love but for 4 years have had no promotion or recognition that my job is so much bugger than when I joined. I think I am working at the level of a grade above and have been asking to be job matched for about a year. The company are in no rush to do this.

DH thinks I should cut my losses and go somewhere I can work at the level that I am.

However in the last 18 months it has been discovered I have a health issue and this leads to occasional illness - I have had 6 days off in the last year - spread over the whole year in odd days or half days. At my current job they allow me to work from home if feeling unwell as I can still work - just not move around so much.

I am scared to get another job and build the layer of trust again so I can get the working conditions I need. But being stuck in a junior role while my contempories get promoted around me is sucking the soul out of me and making me very dishearted at work. I earn enough to support my family and am not greedy but its the lack of recognition that gets me.

DO I wait to see if I am job matched (next proposed date for this is feb/ march next year) or do I get something else? Do I need to declare this health issue now I know I have it? Will anybody actually want me as it looks like I have made no progression over the last 4 years even though I have?

Buttercup27 Tue 15-Dec-15 08:55:59

Personally I think I would stay put. Flexibility can be difficult to negotiate and is important to you.

daisychain01 Fri 18-Dec-15 16:29:01

I agree with buttercup. For the time being, I would cut yourself some slack, given your health concerns, see how things pan out at this job, and wait until you feel your health circumstance is under control.

Flexibility and moral support in a situation like yours cannot be quantified in ££ alone.

Don't worry about the others, they are them, you are you! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now