Talk

Advanced search

Acting up pay if on sick leave

(4 Posts)
AbandonGups Mon 07-Dec-15 21:30:11

I'm in the NHS and have been acting up for 5 months. I have however been signed off sick and unlikely to return before early Jan. Should I expect my pay while on sick to go back to my substantive band or would I continue to get the acting up salary? As far as I am aware, when I return from sick, I will still be needed to act up as they still haven't recruited.

NashvilleQueen Mon 07-Dec-15 21:33:30

I think you would stay on higher salary. Do you have a temp contract for the period of acting up? If so it probably sets out your new salary but all other T&Cs will be the same.

AbandonGups Mon 07-Dec-15 21:39:44

Thanks - no new / amended contract that I've seen, nor really an end date. I was asked if interested and so it began - but manager has been struggling to recruit and what was 3 months 'agreement' just kept rolling on. Happy to do it, loads of good experience, just not sure of money situation with Christmas coming and this stupid illness.

merlinalison Fri 18-Dec-15 07:52:23

We only get paid the supplement while we're actually there, and suspect your rules may well be the same, although I would expect it to go back up once you're able to return to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now