Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your skills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Acting up pay if on sick leave

(4 Posts)
AbandonGups Mon 07-Dec-15 21:30:11

I'm in the NHS and have been acting up for 5 months. I have however been signed off sick and unlikely to return before early Jan. Should I expect my pay while on sick to go back to my substantive band or would I continue to get the acting up salary? As far as I am aware, when I return from sick, I will still be needed to act up as they still haven't recruited.

NashvilleQueen Mon 07-Dec-15 21:33:30

I think you would stay on higher salary. Do you have a temp contract for the period of acting up? If so it probably sets out your new salary but all other T&Cs will be the same.

AbandonGups Mon 07-Dec-15 21:39:44

Thanks - no new / amended contract that I've seen, nor really an end date. I was asked if interested and so it began - but manager has been struggling to recruit and what was 3 months 'agreement' just kept rolling on. Happy to do it, loads of good experience, just not sure of money situation with Christmas coming and this stupid illness.

merlinalison Fri 18-Dec-15 07:52:23

We only get paid the supplement while we're actually there, and suspect your rules may well be the same, although I would expect it to go back up once you're able to return to work.

mumsnet jobs

Jobs you might like

View all jobs »

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now